Five Food Choices We’d Like to See in Bucks New Digs
An announcement came down over the weekend that the Milwaukee Bucks’ new arena will have Chick-fil-A inside the arena. Yes, you heard that right. We will be able to enjoy chicken sandwiches during sporting events. Yes, it will be closed on Sundays, and that will be something I totally forget when attending a Sunday sporting event. There are more announcements like this coming in the next few days, but let’s try to beat the Bucks to the punch with some of our own ideas for food items inside the arena.
1. Kopps Burgers and Frozen Custard – This is a no-brainer, stone-cold lock of a choice. Some would say Culver’s, and to that, I say ‘They do not have a fast food palate.’Kopps is the GOAT in the burgers and custard game. Even if we only get Kopps Custard, that’s a huge win for the stadium. Burgers are huge and could easily make into a nice dinner at the stadium.
2. Speed Queen – I’m sure they could be some issues getting inside the stadium with all of the smoke used to make their food, but nothing says Milwaukee barbecue like Speed Queen. I fully expect they’ll probably do a deal with Hospitality Democracy who owns A.J. Bombers, Smoke Shack, etc, but if they want to add some local flavor, Speed Queen is the way to go.
3. Red Light Ramen or Laughing Taco – Take your pick of your favorite, fast Justin Carlisle joints. Either one would be a delicious way to add to the stadium. Laughing Taco seems like a great choice, although, I wonder if there would be an ability to fit in a spit for the meat (Fuck it, let them figure it out). Is Ramen a dish you can eat at a sporting event? My mind says no, my belly says yes.
4. Ian’s Pizza – I’m not the biggest Ian Pizza guy (Lines are always just ridiculous) but that would be an awesome add to the stadium. With sports food culture being more unique by the day adding something like Ian’s is an obvious choice if they can make it happen. Ian’s is creative enough where they could have your standard pizza including their world-famous Mac ‘n’ Cheese Pizza then a unique option. My guess is Palmeros will not let that happen.
5. Saz’s – I feel like it’s an obvious addition yet we have yet to see Saz’s get into a stadium. My guess is it’s due to their deep partnership with the festival scene that the money and resources cannot make it happen. Yet, a sampler platter from Saz’s feels like the ultimate sports food meal. Mott sticks, cheese curds and fries… What more do you want.
What else would you like to see, let me know!