SnoTap’s AFC Playoffs Rooting Interest Index
The AFC is a little different than the NFC. We do not have an obvious enemy there like we do with Minnesota. Some might say New England, but I’m not that kind of guy as you’ll see. To me, the AFC Playoffs could be very lame unless we see some craziness happen or a rematch of Pittsburgh-New England in the AFC Championship Game. That’s about it. If some teams make some noise that shouldn’t, we can get pretty fired up for it.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – JAGGIN OFF. Let’s go Jags. I’ll ignore making all of your shit teal-colored and look at just the team. The defense is awesome to watch especially the way they get after the quarterback and Jalen Ramsey isn’t afraid of one wide receiver in football. Blake Bortles seems like a pretty chill guy and actually very rootable in my opinion. If Leonard Fournette can get healthy, look out for the Jags. It would be awesome to see them in the Super Bowl.
2. Buffalo Bills – Why does God have to punish us and put Buffalo-Jacksonville as a Wild Card matchup? That’s so sad. We could have easily had these teams deep into the playoffs, and a ton with both if they made it. Bills are somehow in the playoffs led by Tyrod Taylor, Shady McCoy and a host of nobodies. This team is very likable.
3. New England Patriots – Are you surprised to see the Pats this high? I’m a Tom Brady guy. I think all of the Alex Guerrero shit is pretty weird, but other than that, I marvel at Brady. Same goes for Bill Belichick. He’s fantastic as a coach and really one of the best that have ever done it. I like watching greatness, so, when this team is on, it’s like enjoying Tiger Woods in his prime.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers – Let’s forget that Big Ben exists because he’s an annoying human and don’t really have much use for him when it comes to rooting for AFC quarterbacks. I’m all for cheering for Le’Veon Bell, Antonio Brown and a few others on the team though. To me, Steelers fans are more annoying than Patriots fans because they carry a ‘St. Louis Cardinals’ vibe to them. Yes, Packers and Steelers fans could definitely be the Spiderman meme.
5. Kansas City Chiefs – Here’s the thing about the Chiefs, they’re like plain toast. You’re not that excited about toast. You might eat it because it’s around, but you’re not fired up to have toast for breakfast. That’s the Chiefs. They are pretty plain. I like Andy Reid, but that’s about it for this team.
6. Tennessee Titans – Man, it sucks that Tennessee made the playoffs. If they had a coach who actually use Marcus Mariota the way he supposed to be used, this team is probably fourth or higher. Mariota should be fun, and instead, he plays a bullshit offense. Same goes for Derrick Henry. There’s nothing really to like about Tennessee.