SnotapWI Packers Preview: Jacksonville vs. Green Bay
Green Bay Packers get ready for their first game in 10 days. Thursday football games have to be a pain for NFL players, but the fact they get a second bye after them has to be nice. Green Bay is well-rested and ready to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars. This is the Packers’ second matchup against the AFC South this season, and the first at Lambeau Field. Jaguars come in with the second-worst record in all of football and a new quarterback as Jake Luton took over for Gardner Minshew last week.
FIVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SUNDAY’S GAME
1. Will the Packers be able to stop the Jaguars’ rushing attack? – James Robinson is one of the breakout stars for the NFL season. Fantasy football rules the world when it comes to guys breaking out. Robinson has been a beast all season. Jaguars ranked 13th in DVOA when it comes to running the football. Knowing their success with it and Packers’ issues, this will be a good test for Green Bay.
2. Is this Minnesota part II – Southern Comfort? – The weather is going to suck again on Sunday at Lambeau. Rain/snow mix with a bunch of wind as the winds are expected to get up to 25-40 mph again. This reads similar to the Vikings game. But here’s what we need to remind ourselves about that. One, Robinson isn’t Dalvin Cook and Jacksonville’s offense is not Minnesota. Two, Jacksonville doesn’t deal with cold like this at all. With nothing to play for, there is a real chance they quit early. Three, Aaron Jones is back and that should make Green Bay’s offense a little bit better.
3. Could Packers’ secondary be in a bad spot? – Looking at the injury report, it is always a mile-wide. The Matt LaFleur standard. My buddy asked me, ‘Do you think these are all injuries or he’s just fucking with the opposition?’ I don’t know. Jaire Alexander is still in concussion protocol. Kevin King, Vernon Scott, Will Redmond were all limited participants in practice. If Packers are without King and Alexander, the starting corners are Chandon Sullivan and Ka’Dar Hollman. This is not Ladarius Gunter energy yet but we’re getting close.
4. How much will Aaron Rodgers light it up if the winds are okay? – The answer is he will look like Clark Griswold’s house in Christmas Vacation. Rodgers should have a field day with the worst passing defense in all of football. Davante Adams, the returning Allen Lazard, and others should be licking their chops with the ability to play this defense.
5. Why did the Packers get another Chris Myers game? – Chris Myers of FOX is my least favorite broadcaster by far. Everything about him stinks. Packers will be blessed with Myers again this week joined by Greg Jennings and Brock Huard. He worked for FOX forever and just isn’t that good at this job. I would have much preferred Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth doing this one.
The winds are a bit of an issue, but as I said, this team is not Minnesota. This isn’t a kitchen sink game for them. I have the Packers winning this one rather handily. Jacksonville will have a good first half but wilt as the game goes on. Also, Luton playing against a real defense, not what Houston is, could be an issue too.
Green Bay 27 Jacksonville 17