SnoTapWI Top Five: 5 MKE Food Options Worth a 10-Day Quarantine
If you did not see the news yesterday, Richaun Holmes of the Sacramento Kings is more or less suspended for 10 days. Why is Holmes suspended for 10 days? He went to meet a delivery driver for some food outside the bubble. NBA found out and sent him to quarantine for 10 days. This is a truly hilarious story and an absolute fat move. As a huskier gentleman, there are certain things that you just don’t want to happen such as spilling on yourself, sweating out of nowhere, etc. We do not know what Holmes broke quarantine for, but it got me thinking about Milwaukee food options that are worth a 10-day quarantine.
5. Storyhill BKC’s Chicken Thighs with Gravy – I feel like many people know Storyhill as only a brunch option. It is not. Their dinner game goes hard in the paint too. The best option that I had was their chicken thighs in sausage gravy. I’m not kidding you when I say they are some of the best chicken thighs I’ve had in my life.
4. Full Huan Xi’s meal – Pick a Chinese food spot, any Chinese food spot here in town. That is my favorite takeout option and trust me when I’m giving a runway to freestyle (AKA my fiancee isn’t home), I can put on a show like I’m Giannis against the Jazz with my Huan Xi order. Their crispy chicken is excellent as well as their General Tso’s.
3. Tenuta’s Sausage and Cream Cheese Pizza – There are a lot of great pizza options in Milwaukee, but this might be the most slept on option. Tenuta’s has great pizza. And if you are not familiar with putting cream cheese on your pizza, find a spot that will do it for you. This is a tremendous pizza topping. They also have great sausage as well and square-cut so it makes you think you’re eating less than you are.
2. Tomken’s Baby Sings The Bleus Wings – This isn’t exactly Milwaukee, rather, we’re in West Allis, but I would 1000 percent get a quarantine sentence for Tomken’s wings. Again, a top choice in town and one that you don’t find many other places in the city. It is rare for a wing place to pull off great grilled wings and fried wings. Both are excellent.
1. A 12 to 16 oz steak from The Noble – For those unfamiliar, The Noble is in Walker’s Point and a delicious place to get comfort food all year long. It is easily my top option and it’s not close. Their beef is the best in the city. It is farm to table and always fresh. They do fun stuff with their beef such as top it with crab, Boursin cheese, bleu cheese, and many other options.
Let me hear yours whether it is in Milwaukee or elsewhere!