SnoTapWI Top Five: Bucks H.O.R.S.E. Players
Welcome back to the SnoTapWI Top Five where we look at the top five things in Wisconsin sports. Sometimes, these things are historical, and other times, they’re current trends. This is an example of a current trend. Over the weekend, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the NBA is looking into putting on a H.O.R.S.E. tournament with players in their gyms. Woj did not clarify any more details from there. But the NBA is trying to give fans a little carrot before basketball comes back. So who from the Bucks would have the best H.O.R.S.E. players?
Well, you have to consider the ability to make multiple kinds of shots to be successful. ESPN Milwaukee’s Bryan Dee asked a good question about if dunking is apart of H.O.R.S.E. My guess is they’ll make a rule where you can dunk once and that’s it. I also think there will be some sort of rule where you get five attempts then you lose a turn if you continue to miss.
1. Khris Middleton – This is one of the top contenders from the Bucks. Khris Middleton can shoot from deep, make mid-range shots all over the court, and dunk just a little bit. The reason why I’m giving Middleton the ultimate edge over the rest of the Bucks is the mid-range game. That is important when you’re playing a game of H.O.R.S.E. That matters so much more than it does in real basketball.
2. Pat Connaughton – Pat brings a Swiss Army Knife of opportunities when it comes to potential shot options for something like this event. He can dunk like a madman. Shoot the three at a pretty high clip. And there is an ability for a bit of mid-range game as well. Connaughton is also creative which should factor into how they’ll be as H.O.R.S.E. players.
3. Donte DiVencenzo – Like the idea of Donte doing big things in a H.O.R.S.E. The determination of what makes someone a good pick for this would be the ability to bring out multiple looks. DiVencenzo can do just that. He can shoot from deep, make a mid-range bucket or two and also throw down with the best of em. We haven’t seen a true Donte poster yet but it’s coming at some point this season or next.
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo – He is not at the top of the list for me. The reason being is Giannis cannot shoot the three better than some of his other teammates. Now, Anetokounmpo can do so many other things. He has some interesting post moves plus could establish a rule where someone can only take a couple of dribbles to the basket. Giannis could be a force if allowed to be one.
5. Brook Lopez – Hear me out on this one. Brook is not the fastest guy on the court. He doesn’t have the moves to be lightning-quick down the court. But he is a creative dude. Lopez can come up with all sorts of weird shots that people couldn’t wrap their heads around. That reason is why I think Lopez could excel in the game of H.O.R.S.E.
What’s your list look like?