SnoTapWI Top Five: Favorite Current Wisconsin Athletes
Another new blog post? Another new blog post! This time in the world of lists. We all love a good list. Just like we all love a good online quiz. I’m here to give you the list of my favorite current Wisconsin athletes. Some might say that this is easy. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Aaron Rodgers, Christian Yelich, you’re three out of the five done with. We are going to play the rules of MFK which means you have to kill one off from the list to make it harder on myself. Also, Markus Howard and Jonathan Taylor are excluded due to them leaving their Wisconsin schools. Here’s my list and feel free to send me yours.
5. Donte DiVincenzo – Donte is the best. He is one of my favorite Bucks players to watch right now. DiVencenzo always seems to be in the right place at the right time. The other thing I like about him is the ability to step up in big games. There is not a stage that is too big for DiVencenzo. Also, you have to admit his nicknames are pretty sweet – Big Ragu and Micheal Jordan of Delaware.
4. Davante Adams – Selecting the one Packers player not named Rodgers was a tricky one. There are many different options such as Za’Darius Smith, David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander, and others. But I landed on Davante Adams. To see him knife through defenses with his route-running abilities is something special. Tae is also one of the more sure things for the Packers. Not to mention, he played a prominent role on some of my successful fantasy teams which always helps your appreciation for the guy.
3. Christian Yelich – If we did this in a couple of years, I feel like Yelich might move the top. But right now, this is his spot. He is fun to cheer for every game Yelich hits the baseball diamond. There are not many baseball players where you wonder what they’re going to do next. With Yelich, those ideas are allowed which makes him so much fucking fun. Yelich is a highlight machine at the plate or in the field.
2. Ryan Braun – There is a term, #RyanBraunForever. I did not create it. But it is how I feel about Braunie. Ryan Braun has been my guy for so long. I still remember working out in the morning of Braun’s call-up and Doug and Wickett, a local radio show at the time, wished people a ‘Happy Ryan Braun’ Day. That was in 2008’s summer. Braun has been in my life ever since and enjoyed rooting for him through everything. I’m going to miss him like I did Brett Favre when he leaves the Brewers.
1. Giannis Antetokounmpo – Yes, the Greek Freak finds himself at the number one spot. It has to be Giannis. While I could see a case for Yelich or Rodgers, Giannis provides the most joy and entertainment on a nightly basis. The thought of ‘What could happen next?’ is always there with him. To watch him grow from a lanky 18-year-old with no muscles to the MVP and one of the more popular players in the league is awesome. I remember the night he was drafted I worked Summerfest that evening. People mispronounced his name obviously, but remember saying ‘Oh that guy from Greece, classic Johh Hammond move betting on potential.’
Share your list with us and please let me know if there are any other top fives you want me to do!