Five Things About Brewers 2017 Schedule
1. They open with Colorado again – This is the fourth time in like seven years Milwaukee will begin the year with Colorado Rockies. They did in 2011 when they won the division. Just saying. They start out the year with 17 at home which could lead to a hot start.
2. Post All-Star Break starts brutal – After a homestand with Philly, Milwaukee will go out east for 10 games in three cities with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Washington then come home with the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals waiting for you. If the Brewers are a surprise pre-All Star Break, they might not be by August.
3. Playing against the AL East makes things though – Milwaukee’s 2017 campaign might be hard for a variety of reasons, but one could be playing the best division in baseball all season. They are no gimme’s with those five teams. They get the Yankees and Rays on the road which is a nice break for them.
4. If a certain Brewer goes to the Dodgers… – He would be back on June 2nd through the 4th. I swear if he got booed, I might never return to Miller Park.
5. Boston heads to Milwaukee for the first time since 2003 – Brewers fans miss former T-Rats star David Ortiz by one year unless he comes back for another year. Too bad this is during week versus the weekend. I would expect a huge gate for this series regardless.
— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) September 14, 2016