Giannis & Khris Put Their Team On Their Back to Give Milwaukee a Game 3 Win
Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton are the original leaders of this Milwaukee Bucks team. Jrue Holiday and P.J. Tucker are both leaders in their own right. But Giannis and Khris both started from the bottom and now are here. They refused to let the Bucks lose last night. Middleton scored 35 points, Antetokounmpo scored 33 points. For the math majors out there, you will notice that the two scored 68 points. That ended up being 79 percent of Milwaukee’s points for the game. That percentage set an NBA record. It was fun to see both do what they could to win this game but a part of me is a touch concerned the rest of the team scored 21% of the baskets.
Khris & Giannis scored 79% of the Bucks points, the highest percentage of any team’s points by any duo in NBA playoff history.
— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) June 11, 2021
What’s weird is these guys did so much for the Bucks to win, yet, still I think there would be a lot of people critical of how they both played last night. This wasn’t a clean win by the Bucks. In fact, it was an ugly street fight, but they got it done. Middleton and Antetokounmpo also did a good job on the defensive end too. Middleton took Kevin Durant in spurts. Giannis kept Blake Griffin in check after two big games at home. Now, we move on to Game 4, and the Bucks have a chance to make it even more of a series. It can happen. I believe