SnoTapWI Top Five: Favorite Wisconsin Sports Jerseys
The middle of the week is always the slowest for sports content. This seems to be a theme. We get this roller coaster right. Lots of content Monday and Tuesday then nothing Wednesday and Thursday then a tick up on Friday and Saturday. But you guys don’t care about that. For another edition of the SnoTapWi Top Five, we’re breaking down the top five jerseys for Wisconsin sports teams in my lifetime. That last part is important. My lifetime meaning the last 31 years.
5. Brewers Blue jerseys, 2000-2019 – I always gravitated towards the blue jerseys versus the white or gray jerseys that the Brewers had a majority of my lifetime. Those blue jerseys to me were far better than the white or gray. I preferred ‘Brewers’ over the chest versus ‘Milwaukee’.
4. Green Bay Packers road whites – Green Bay does not have any significant jersey changes in my 31 years. They do have a traditional, classic jersey. I am a flashier guy, but I also love tradition. They’re worth making this list. Green Bay has made slight tweaks but never anything over the top. The road whites get the nod over the green home jerseys. They look fresher to me and have a little extra spark to them.
3. Bucks original Cream ‘City Jerseys – My good friend Eric says that Bucks should have kept these and never looked back as their alternate. In a way, he is right. The first edition of the cream jerseys was so fucking clean. ‘Cream City’ kits are nice, and I like them. Yet the cream combined with the rainbow stripe was perfect. That is a great look and one that I wish I bought some gear with that design.
2. Marquette 2007-2011 Gold Jerseys – These were beautiful. What Marquette has now is not bad. But for my money, the 2007-2011 collection is the best looking jerseys for the Golden Eagles. The golds work so well with the piping on the side. Also, those jerseys have so many good memories in them with all of the successful Buzz Williams’ teams. A favorite jersey can be closely related to the success of the team.
1. Brewers Pinstripe 2006-2019 Jerseys – This is my favorite one of the bunch. I remember when the Brewers decided to add pinstripes to their mix again with an alternate. This alternate reminded me of many of the 80s. At that time, I wanted the Brewers to move that to be their primary jerseys. When I played video games, those were the jerseys that I chose for the Brewers to wear 80 percent of the time. My first Brewers jersey was a pinstriped Corey Hart.