SnoTapWI Top Five: Most Hateable Teams For a Wisconsin Sports Fan
SnoTapWI Top Five can be positive, sometimes. And other times, we can write a one-way ticket to negativeville USA. This is one of those moments. This is a very hard list to put together. The top five teams that I, as a Wisconsin sports fan, hate the most. This could be a contentious list because I feel some have reasons why they hate teams more than others. My explanation for the distaste in the Minnesota Vikings is far different than a lot of people. With this list, I’ll try to pick one hateable team per team. Feel free to weigh in with your list as well in the comments or on social media.
5. Seton Hall Pirates – Trying to figure out who I hate the most from a Marquette perspective, Seton Hall tops the list for me. I know many in the Marquette fanbase will say Wisconsin basketball. Seton Hall is on the list for now. Things could change, but Seton Hall is easily the most annoying team that Marquette plays in the Big East. They whine about everything, they’re annoyingly good, and they’re always tougher than the Golden Eagles.
4. St. Louis Cardinals – The hate isn’t there as much as it used to be. Cardinals are annoying, and they knocked the Brewers out of the playoffs in 2011. But the annoyance with the Cardinals has lost its luster through the last couple of years. There is no more Tony La Russa to blame small, insignificant details on why St. Louis lost that nigh. No more Cris Carpenter enforcing dumb rules of baseball. Trust me, the Cardinals hate can come back. It is less serve than years past.
3. Philadelphia 76ers – Even though Philly has not played or beat this version of the Bucks in the playoffs, they’re easily the most hatable team for the Bucks. Why? Well, it is a wicked combination of the media and their fanbase. They all think that Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are the two players that will push forward the NBA and the Eastern Conference. Although neither players have amounted to shit. I take immense pleasure in seeing the Bucks beat up on Philly.
2. Chicago Cubs – Deciding between which Chicago team to put on the list was hard, but the Cubs take the spot for a simple reason. They show up in droves at Miller Park. Look, they give the Brewers a ton of money, but nothing is more annoying than a group full of Cub fans in your section. They boo Ryan Braun, try to start fights and are downright idiots. As for the team, they’re an annoying bunch too. Javy Baez drives me nuts. Jon Lester is a fake tough guy. Kris Bryant seems like a guy where his shit doesn’t stink.
1. Minnesota Vikings – This is my least favorite NFL team by far. It is not the Chicago Bears, rather the Minnesota Vikings. Why? Well, I spent five years of my life in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The student body was a blend of people from Wisconsin and Minnesota. The campus is only 1.5 hours out of Minneapolis, therefore, it makes sense why there are so many Minnesotans. But because of that, it drew my hate towards the Vikings more. Add in the equation of Brett Favre, and you have a very annoying fanbase.
The list might seem to miss the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Most Badgers fans will put them there. But as someone that loosely follows Wisconsin and cares about Badgers football, they’re not as high on my list. P.J. Fleck is the ultimate try-hard though.
Let’s hear your list!